HI, THANK YOU, HELP! :)

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

HI, THANK YOU, HELP! :)

Postby Lilenglishcuppa » 03 Jun 2017, 12:29

Hi everyone!
So straight up and first I must gush and say 10,000 thank you's to you, Mr B, for being out there to find!!! Thank you, a MILLION for all the time you've taken in putting all the information that you have, in your website and this board. You are an absolute 'saint/savior' gush gush blah blah ... but seriously THANKS, and to all of the rest of you here on the board too.
Introductions... um...I am originally from England (southend-on-sea) and then Winchester after Uni' ... Now living in USA. Anaheim, CA for the first 20 years, now moved & living in Spokane, WA.
I'am a newbie to my hemiplegic, wheelchair life, fresh outta residential rehab and 1 week into my powerchair. Still fresh is my adjusting and aceptance .... first thing I google is how to extend the (speed &) range of a power wheelchair! Second, alternative (off grid) and fast, ways to charge! You can imagine i'm sure, my disappointmentS! Until finding you, while following leads about lithium batteries.
I MUST (or die) have nature back, and I WILL, or die trying... i.e. I MUST be traveling-camping basically. 'BC' the accident ... hiker, biker, climber, kayaker, etc blah... 'AC' the accident, This chair! - Soooo not gonna do it! I can NOT accept the local park as my expedition exordinare!
After googling - are you kidding me! There isn't anything out there! (... and if i see another concept chair, i will ...!€&**%$@@^₩ !!! ... and yet none of them apparently deem range, speed or off road, of any consequence, either!) I thought that made me mad enough until my usual lack of acceptance, made me question. There has to be! It ABSOLUTELY HAS to be POSSIBLE! I'm not asking for the moon here! Just to actually POWER a so called power chair! It's the 21st century n' all! WHY?! WHY are power chairs not POWER-ED?! ... A question i wish I'd never asked, to insense me more! That's some big time, same ol' B.S. there! ... of course i'm preaching to the choir here I know, sorry that rant just slipped out cos i've no-one, to rant too, who'd get it, I guess.
So here I sit TEMPORARILY in my new, boasted 6 m/h (HA HA!) 20 mile range (HA HA!) quantum edge 6 ... judged i would think/fear, by many as a most ungrateful sheep and looking at a huge learning curve. (Once I get better situated myself in this regard, I MUST find a way to do something, my part, towards changing this state of affairs for others.)
.... A HUGH learning curve! ... I am a bird! Chick, Gal, gurl, girl ... 50 year old lady who's sum knowledge of batteries consists of maybe jumping starting a car without a bang! .....Please don't hang up on me now!
BUT ALAS ALL IS NOT NEGETIVE! ... I have lots going for me... for one I am "Stubborn!" This is a plus! Aka I am a self motivated goal orientated determined person! lol ... I am a "rebel and exsentric!" This is a plus! Aka i question, don't like the box to be thinking in, and prefer a challenge, the road less traveled and other free spirited endevours... while I might not do as I'm told, in terms of following the masses, I can think, read, learn and follow written directions! My aspergers sees me well in attention to detail and concentration staying power, for all that I become obsessed with, and i'm well obsessed with all things mobility right about now! While I am not a half wit having more than one PhD, not one of them is gonna help me right about now! lol. But hey they say education is never wasted right! .... so if you're still here to read this drible, i'll be back. (With a million questions, i'm sure) I'm off to re-read the website and start reading all of the message board. Hoping you won't hold the fact that i'm a gal here, against me :) ... in the mean time if anyone has any 101/very basic/high school/beginner, texts they wanna suggest I read, on related battery/curcuitry/electronics I'm on it! Because unless you have any more detailed suggestions as to where I might find a person with such knowledge that I might convince to pay, to do the lithium conversion, it's me, myself and I, that's up to the plate. And i'm as fully intimidated as I am determined, so far.
Lilenglishcuppa

Re: HI, THANK YOU, HELP! :)

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jun 2017, 13:22

You also talk too much!

Read this thread to begin with and ask questions as you go!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1813
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Lilenglishcuppa » 04 Jun 2017, 00:01

Well DUH!!!! I 'm a woman!
Now there's some chemistry. If you could just figure out how to harness, control and program a woman's chatter power! Unlike lithium though her chatter batteries would need one hell of a BMS!

Reading said posts for good starting point, thanks.
Lilenglishcuppa

Postby Burgerman » 04 Jun 2017, 10:25

20 mile range (HA HA!) quantum edge 6 ...

Go test that... You will run out of juice around 9 to 11 miles. :)
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!