BM3 Parts Roboteq Controller AMT 4 POLE MOTORS 8mph

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: BM3 Parts Roboteq Controller AMT 4 POLE MOTORS 8mph

Postby grazy+1949 » 19 Jun 2018, 15:41

What would be a really good solution for a vehicle that is required to run on green lanes and take in short but steep climbs. I live in Andalusia, so the ground is normal dry. My driving wheels are 6" wide 5 psi . I haven't experienced any loss of grip yet. Would the ultimate vehicle need to have an A/C motor and trans axle ? cheers , graham
grazy+1949

Postby Burgerman » 19 Jun 2018, 16:44

Probably. And high voltages, brushless motors, geared, preferably 4 wheel drive and good long travel suspension.

To do it properly, would require the sort of motors, and high voltage controllers that a car company like tesla would use. And that would need some serious development work. Some fancy computing, 4 wheel drive, and a lot of testing and research. To do it cheaply, then the obvious cheap, and tested way is to use a petrol engine. A twist and go quad bike. Electric start, bar mounted reverse, auto clutch etc. On ebay from china for a few hundred. And they have all the power, range, and lightweight as well as suspension that you need.

Batteries only really make sense off road if we need to use something indoors as well. And your device isnt a wheelchair. So why not use a quiet petrol powered device?
E.G. These have auto clutch, electric start, are quiet, have reverse on the bars, and are cheap... Also has all the suspension, wheels, tyres, steering etc you need. And all for the cost of a set of lead batteries!
https://longtimepower.en.made-in-china. ... rices.html

Used its components in a lower seated device.
Similar golf cart type designs are also available cheap.
Far superior to battery power off road and outdoors... And as much range, speed as you can need.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 19 Jun 2018, 17:01

Attachments
hammerhead-my18-150gts-off-road-buggy-black-bd2d72fca4ae8f30aecca3b5ebc682d572132226.jpeg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby grazy+1949 » 04 Jul 2018, 16:02

Burgerman wrote:Or mod one of these:
https://ahead4-stormbuggies.s3.eu-west- ... fe00f7.jpg

Or

Hi Burgerman,

I love all the petrol driven off-road vehicles, but I live in Spain, where the police will tolerate battery powered mobility aids. The only petrol vehicles they allow are those which have Spanish homologation. I drive in a VERY recumbent position, as I have sever spinal damage, coupled with inflammation and pain. So I have to be laying fairly flat to travel anywhere. This means 8 mph is about my limit and I have to use the pavement when it is wide enough or has an incap. lane, otherwise I use the road. I wouldn't be able to get homologation or insurance and I wouldn't be able to access remote beaches, which only have pavement access. For this and I am a 365 swimmer, the vehicle must be electric. The police mostly turn a blind eye to everything for incaps, which is electric.

best regards cheers
grazy+1949

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment